Saturday, 29 October 2016

Kat Von D Lip & Eye Makeup: Review | Lexie Rose May

Hello, 

Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday.

Today's blog post is going to be a review on two particular Kat Von D products I purchased from Sephora. I've been a huge fan of the Kat Von D makeup range for a while now, and have been reading reviews of different products in order to make an informed decision of the products I really want. 

Apart from the Shade & Light Face Contour Palette (which was out of stock and which I'm still hoping to get my hands on), the two products that have had superb reviews and that really caught my eye were the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks and the Tattoo Liners. 


EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK

Shade: Seeing as this was the first Kat Von D liquid lipstick I would be purchasing, I felt like I had to go for one of the Lolita shades (they are the best-sellers after all). I opted for Lolita II, which is a warm, rosy/coral shade and defined as being a "Terracotta nude". 

Colour Range: There are around 30 shades in this range, all of which are extremely trendy. Whilst the shades may not suit everybody, I think the range perfectly highlights the grunge theme of Kat Von D's beauty range. The shades that stood out to me, and which I'd love to try are "Bow N Arrow" and "Vampire". 

Packaging: First off, the packaging of this product is beautiful. It comes in a slim, black box with the words 'everlasting liquid lipstick' and the signature Kat Von D rose design in a silver foil effect all over the box. The liquid lipsticks are housed in a long, slim plastic tube, with a black matte handle (which is rather long itself, giving you a very good grip to apply the lipstick). Ongoing with the theme on the outer box, the black matte handle has a silver rose design, which continues onto the plastic tube in black. Overall, the packaging looks very high-end and sleek. 

Applicator/Wand: The applicator and wand of the liquid lipstick is long and thin, which makes applying the liquid lipstick slightly more difficult than it needs to be. But the applicator itself is very precise, giving you the ability to shape the lip easily and hit all the corners without any damage. 

Texture: Very creamy and quite liquidy, which makes you think that the colour will bleed but fear not; as soon as you as you apply, the colour locks into place 

Finish: Total matte finish, which I really like. Although being so matte, it does not feel drying or tacky on the lips and almost has a velvety feel (although, I wouldn't say its hydrating either). This lipstick does not budge for the first 4/5 hours (I've even tried eating and drinking with it, and it stays completely in place), however it does not last the 24hrs it says it should, so you may need to reapply a few times. 

Pigmentation: The product applies very evenly on the lips (as opposed to Kylie Lip Kit in Leo - a blog post about this will follow shortly), and the pigmentation is very opaque and true to the colour you see in the tube. 

Overall, I really loved this product and can't wait to get my hands on more of these liquid lipsticks. It was around $20, which in my opinion, is worth every cent. I do think that the colour-range is quite grungy, but if you're into having a bolder lip, this range is definitely for you.


TATTOO LINER

I've tried MANY liquid liners, ranging from high to low end brands, and this tattoo liner is hands down, the best I've ever tried. 

Colour: This liquid liner comes in black ("Trooper") and brown ("Mad Max Brown"). This is a bit restricted, as I wish there could be different shades to try (maybe a deep purple or a blue), but the dark colours correspond perfectly with Kat Von D's whole beauty range. 

Packaging: Similarly to the everlasting liquid lipstick, the tattoo liner comes in a black thin box with a silver foiled rose design printed all over, and the words 'Tattoo liner' written across the front. The liquid liner itself is a black marker-like pen, which is not too long, giving you good control to use. One thing I really like is that the lid of the pen clicks when closed, so you'll be sure to know that it is closed and won't dry out. However, do be careful that you're not rough when closing it, as it's easy for a hair from the applicator to get stuck (happened to me twice).

Applicator: Very thin, sleek brush applicator made of loads of synthetic hairs bunched together. The brush is thicker at the base and goes up into an extremely thin and sharp point, making it the perfect applicator for a precise winged liner. 

Pigmentation/Finish: The colour is extremely opaque, which is exactly what anyone wants when applying liquid liner. Sometimes I do find the need to go over some of it for a bit of a bolder finish, but more often than not, one application is more than enough. It's so easy to apply and dries in seconds. The formula is great and does not get dry at all. And my favourite part, it stays on for hours!! I have worn this countless times for whole days, and by the end of the day, you're still left with a dark liner (although maybe a bit messier by the end). 

Overall, my favourite liquid liner hands down! I feel like my winged liner has never been more on point thanks to this product, and I think it would take something pretty miraculous for me to find something I prefer to this. 


Have you tried any Kat Von D products? What are your thoughts?

Lexie Rose May 


No comments :

Post a Comment