Wednesday, 14 October 2015

New York City: Best Dessert Places!

Hello everybody :)!

I have recently returned from an amazing trip to NYC - the famous Big Apple - and all I can say is that I have fallen madly in love with this beautiful city.

Being a food lover, the first thing I did was ask friends for some recommendations on cute cafe's worth visiting. I wasn't looking for the touristy places - I was looking for those places that the locals consider to be the best in the city. I was looking for some desserts to blow my mind!

And my, oh my, did I find the best dessert places!! From the best cookie in the city, to divine ice-cream, let's just say that I was one happy (and full!) girl on this trip!

1. Levain Bakery - Located in the Upper Westside, this tiny bakery is not even big enough to fit a handful of people at once. When my taxi pulled up beside it, the queue to the door was stretching around the block! But trust me when I say the wait was completely worth it. I got the Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie and it was the best cookie I have ever tasted in my whole life. The outer layer of the cookie was perfectly crunchy, whilst the centre was so soft and the chocolate was melted. Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water. A must go-to.. and if there's a queue when you get there.. wait it out!





2. Doughnuttery - I discovered this gem in Chelsea Market and ordered a few mini donuts. I can safely say these were the best donuts I have come across. They were perfectly fluffy and oh so heavenly!! The selection at this place is incredible too, including donuts of Peanut Butter & Jelly, Pumpkin Pie Brûlée amongst loads more. If you're a donut lover - try this place out.. I promise you won't be disappointed!

                                             


3. Dominique Ansel's Bakery- I was sent here specifically for the famous cronut which unfortunately were out of stock :( But something else caught my eye - this gorgeous cookie shot. Yes, that's right. It's a shot - where the glass is made out of cookie, and it's filled with milk!! How perfect does that sound?! And it was honestly so delicious. The warm milk was poured as soon as served, melting the layer of chocolate inside the cookie shot. I was in cookie heaven <3 font="" nbsp="">

                                                


I hope these recommendations were helpful! Of course, there are so many more dessert shops that I didn't have time to try! What are your favourite cafe's in NYC?

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X

4 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh I'm sooooo hungry now! I'd love to visit NYC ahhhhhh :( X
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe writing this blog post made me hungry too :( I'd love to go back - it was such a beautiful city!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. This made me really hungry. Lovely post!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete