Friday, 30 October 2015

My Top 3 Eyeshadow Palettes!



Being a makeup addict, it is only natural that I am completely obsessed with eyeshadow palettes. Well, really and truly, not just eyeshadow palettes - ANY type of palette (but we'll get to that some other time).

Picking up single eyeshadows has become very rare for me as having a number of different complementing shades in one palette makes doing your makeup so much more convenient!

All my palettes contain similar shades (the bronze's, the nude's, the rusty colours), but nonetheless,  I managed to narrow them down to my favourite (& definitely most used) three!

Call me boring but yes, 2 of the 3 are Urban Decay - Naked palettes (they're just so good!!) & 1 is a gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury palette. I picked these 3 because they contain eyeshadows that will work for any eye colour, and can be used for both natural looks and extremely glamorous makeup. I simply love 'em and use them so so often!!





Urban Decay Naked Palette 


This palette is just such a great, versatile palette! It contains 12 shades and is great value for money. The quality of all the shadows is fantastic. I love this palette as it contains all the neutral colours that most girls simply love to use on a daily basis. However, it also includes some more daring shades that can turn a look from being simple to being dramatic and glamorous! All the shades are smooth and pigmented, and are easy to apply and blend onto the lid. I love the velvet brown packaging of this one too - it looks great on my makeup table! But unlike the other Naked palette's which click shut, this palette closes with a magnetic strip which makes it not so great for travelling.



Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette

This is a more luxurious palette, and tilts more onto the pricey side of eyeshadow palettes. I reach for this palette very often - especially when doing makeup for a night out. This palette can create a simple, but beautiful look by combining the lighter cream shade and adding the brown shade in the crease. However, if you combine all 4 shades, you can create an extremely glamorous, sexy look, perfect for a night out! The glittery shade is a pressed pigment which I personally prefer to apply with my finger on top of all my eyeshadow.



Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

Now it wasn't easy for me to pick between this palette and the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, but I figured that this palette has more to offer due to the combination of glittery, matte and micro-glitter shades. These shades are definitely cooler in tone than the shades in the original Naked palette, which unfortunately don't suit every single skin tone. But if used well, the cool tones could look sultry on the lid, and I really love these kinds of shades in the colder months. I love the fact that this palette snaps shut as it makes it convenient to travel with. Just like the original Naked palette, the shades are very pigmented and have amazing blend-ability. The mirror on the palette is great too - so big compared to mirrors usually found on eyeshadow palettes!





If you're a fan of palettes too, I highly recommend investing in a MAC palette. This works by buying the casing of the palette (you can get one of 4, 8, 16 etc.), and then buy single eyeshadows at your own pace, adding any colour of your choice, and slowly building it up to create your personal, dream palette. I didn't include it in my top 3 eyeshadow palettes since it's not a ready-made palette, but simply a collection of single eyeshadows that I personally like to suit my eye colour (I'll do a blog post all about my MAC eyeshadow palette sometime soon).

What eyeshadow palettes do you recommend and are your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X






4 comments :

  1. I have NAKED 2 and it is my fav too :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Naked 2 ! Check out the latest Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette! It's lovely!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. I've been an eyeshadow palette addict for as long as I can remember, just seeing all of the pretty shades in one place makes it too hard to resist! As well as buying them myself I always ask for a different one every birthday & Christmas aha, this year I received that little Charlotte Tilbury palette in Dolce Vita, it's my absolute favourite item of make up I've ever owned! So pretty.. Lovely post :-)

    Xo Gemma
    http://www.simplygemmalouise.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I love my Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette and find myself reaching for it almost every day. I recently stumbled upon the Stila Eyes are the Window Soul Palette, which has such gorgeous shades - I love it! You should check it out :)

      Also, I love your blog :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete