Thursday, 8 October 2015

Hello Autumn.

My favourite time of the year is back. When leaves start to fall, jumpers are pulled on, and we can start making hot chocolate again. Despite my true love for the summer months - be it 3 months of holidays and relaxation, I really really do love the autumn feel. 

However, when Autumn commences, routine does to. University (or school or work) start again, lessons resume & that tiresome feeling of repetition falls back into place. 

This year, I've established a few ways to look forward to the repetition, and even, take advantage of it:

1. Buy a diary --> A pretty Lily Pulitzer one, or even a plain 2015/2016 one you find in any stationary. Use the diary to plan your days out, week by week. The good thing of having a routine, is knowing your free time, and then using that free time to its full potential. I like to plan workout lessons or shopping trips in that time to lift my spirits amidst lectures & lessons that I don't particularly enjoy. 

2. Relax --> Take time to relax  - be it by having a long bath before bed, or by taking time to read a book. Having University lectures takes up a huge portion of my day, but in between (or after) I like to switch the world off, and have some me time. 

3. Series --> If you're like me, and love watching series, be it Modern Family, Scandal, Pretty Little Liars or the classic Friends, autumn months are the perfect time to get back into them. Lots of series commence now, which means that new episodes are available weekly & that really gives me something to look forward to.. especially when you spend a week wondering who the heck killed your favourite character!! 

What do you look forward to about the Autumn months?

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X 

8 comments :

  1. Literally done everything you suggested in the last 48 hours! Guess I'm well prepared for autumn then :)

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diary planning is the best!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - It makes you feel so much more organised and on top of things!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. I love autumn too. Back to school can often drag days, so I love how the season makes everything a little better. Things may be cooler and nights may be a bit darker, but everything gets more cuddly and cosy. I love baths in the evening, candles and the naughty hot chocolates. I also like autumn blogging! Lydia Eve, www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with everything you said! I feel like Autumn brings along with it those long, routine days, but it's so easy to turn that from a negative thing into a positive thing! :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. This is the best time of the year for t.v! I've got Once Upon A Time, Arrow and Flash all just starting at the moment and it's amazing!
    I love the feel of the run up to Christmas and being able to light candles to feel all cozy!

    Chloe x
    Snug Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mention of Christmas just got me so excited hehe :) I love Autumn months too - leading up to my favourite time of the year :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete