Thursday, 17 September 2015

The Perfect Nude Lip

Being a girl who loves wearing a bold lip, finding a nude that I actually loved has been a difficult journey. I've tried all different shades, of all different brands, and just couldn't find one that complemented my skin colour. It always seemed like a nude lip and I were never meant to be - so whenever I just wanted a neutral lip colour, I would just slab on some lip balm and be done with it.

But this has changed thanks to my discovery of Mac's beautiful shade - Velvet Teddy. This colour is just the perfect nude colour, with enough brown undertone to give the lip some deep colour, but topped with a gorgeous pink tone to made it the most natural of shades.

Along with this lipstick, I use the lipliner 'Soar' by Mac, which also is a beautiful neutral shade. It's that slightly bit darker than the lipstick but it ends up blending together perfectly, and leaves an almost shadow around your lips, making your lips look that little bit more plump (and if your lips are thin like mine are, it's definitely something you want!).

Overall, I am super excited with this new find and can finally say I've discovered the perfect nude lip for myself, and for many others. The great thing about this lipstick is that it suits EVERY skin tone, as it would complement a pale skin tone due to the brown undertone, but also accentuates an olive skin tone due to the pink undertone.


Do you have a perfect nude shade?

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X

8 comments :

  1. This shade looks perfect!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I really do love it !

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this shade as I have heard a lot about it! Lovely photos :)

    Sarah | Moved to: What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm so glad to have found it as I had been looking for the perfect nude shade for a while!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. I've always struggled with nudes too and to be honest still do. This is a lovely colour, must try it xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly the same - I've bought so many nude shades and never worn them again as they just didn't complement my skin tone! Try this shade - sure you won't be disappointed! :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. I have heard of this shade quite a lot and now I really want to buy it after reading this post!
    Nice post :) xx

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) It really is a lovely colour!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete