Thursday, 30 July 2015

Letting Go of the Past

I saw this picture a few days ago, and felt like it really spoke to me. Letting go of the past can be a difficult task, especially if you're like me: sensitive and an over thinker.

We've all gone through our rough patches, but it's so important to look ahead instead of looking back, because sometimes, focusing on the past could hinder a better future.

So, here are some tips about how to let go of the past, and focus on the present & future:

1. Close chapters - It's so important to make a decision and not look back on it. Looking back and doubting your decision will leave you in a limbo stage, making it hard to focus on what's to come.

2. Focus on your aim - Every morning, start the day with a fresh mindset, always with your ultimate goal in mind. That will help you forget the things that are not important, and focus on what is!


3. Be happy - I think the most important thing to do is to accept your situation for what it is and try to focus on the positive things. Every day is a brand new day that is full of possibilities, so try not to take life too seriously.

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X

12 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely post, with some great tips! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you think so!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. This post has been a big pick me up for me, Thankyou :)

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. Love this it's short, sweet and to the point, I'm so an over thinker too and i don't really think that'll ever change but agree there's no excuse to be happy with what you have... xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - Just focus on the great things going on and try forget about those not so great things!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. What i meant was there's no excuse to be unhappy with what you have!!

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe don't worry - I understood :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  5. I needed this! Thank you for this post! Definitely saving it to my bloglovin' :) xx

    Lucy | lifebylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) That means a lot.

      Follow my blog for more :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  6. Great post. I'm also a over thinker myself and i thik you gave some good advice here :)

    ReplyDelete