Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Favourites: Eye Makeup Products

Recently, I've noticed that when it comes to doing my eye makeup, I'm constantly reaching for the exact same products, over and over again.

One reason is due to the fact that it's summer, and it's boiling, and these products last so long, despite the heat. But, it's also due to the fact that I am in LOVE with everything about these products - the pigmentation, the packaging and just the overall look they create!

Although when it comes to doing evening makeup, I like to take my time and put more effort into my eye makeup, when it comes to a quick day time look, these 3 products are definitely all I need. These products are:

  1. The Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze
  2. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
  3. The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara 
Maybelling EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze
This product is simply amazing. I have used it literally every single day since I got it, either as a base colour, or as my whole lid colour if I'm going for a casual look. This is a cream eyeshadow, that I find is best applied using your fingers. I simply apply some of the product from the eyeshadow onto my lid, and blend it out using my fingers. 
The pigmentation of the product is very intense - a small amount goes a long way! but you can build up on the colour very easily. For an evening look, I like to use this product as my base colour, and then go into the crease with a slightly darker shadow to give a more evening, glamorous look! 

The product is also extremely long-lasting and does not budge once it's dried on the lid. I've worn this for whole days out and when I come home, it looks just as good as it did when I first applied it! I personally have found no need for an eyeshadow primer when using this product, as it acts like a primer in itself!

The shade On and On Bronze is beautiful. It's a very versatile colour that I think will suit many skin tones. The colour is a champagne/golden taupe shade, and it has a metallic undertone which makes the eyes pop just that little bit more! 

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner 
This is, hands down, the best liquid eye liner I have come across to date. I love, love, love this product. First of all, the colour is a jet black, which is exactly what you want when applying black liquid eyeliner (and not a faded black like loads of liquid eyeliners I've tried before)! The brush tip forms a fine point which makes it really easy to apply the liner.

Also, the staying power is great - I've been wearing it very often in the hot, summer months, and it stays on the lid without smudging or fading! I also love the packaging. The cap goes onto the pen tip of the liner and you have to push it down until it clicks in, so there's no fear of the cap falling off when it's in your bag! The product is a tad pricey, but in my opinion, it's totally worth it!

Too Faced: Better Than Sex Mascara 
This mascara has changed my life. Before this, I used to try out different mascara's which used to work, but never did anything much for my short lashes. But this mascara is different - it thickens my lashes, curls them like crazy and coats them with colour perfectly so it looks like I was born with naturally long and flawless lashes! I like to apply 2  coats if I'm going for a  bold eye look so that the curl will hold for longer! 

The only complaint I have with this product is that it can get a bit clumpy if not applied properly! It's very important that you comb it slowly through your lashes and wiggle it out at the end.

Tha packaging of the mascara is beautiful also, and the tube is actually really large for a mascara so it will last you a while! Definitely recommend this mascara if you've been looking for one that will give you volume and length! 


What are your favourite eye make up products?

Kisses, 

Lexie Rose May X 

14 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. It's an amazing product :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. Great post, I heard a lot of good things about this mascara, I hope I get to try it.

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I really love it - hope you will too!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. I want to get my hands on the Hat Von D Liner, even though I'm not a cat eye person! My favorite is mascara, Better Than Sex as well and Gimme Brow in Light to Medium! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that mascara! It gives such a beautiful lashes!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. On and on bronze has to be the best cream eye shadow ever! I love it :)
    Have never tried the other products but they sound equally lovely!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - it's so great for the summer time! I'm dying to try out more colours :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I've heard so many good things about the mascara too! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I love your blog!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  6. ive heard alot about the mascara, so mist give it a go! x

    illustrated-wardrobe.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great buy! Would definitely repurchase it :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  7. I adore On and On Bronze, it's such a gorgeous shade and perfect for every day wear - I love how easy it is to apply! I've heard incredible things about the other two products, I'm especially jealous of the Kat Von D liner; it's been on my wishlist forever!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear it so often - in the day and at night too! Such a beautiful shade and so easy to wear! You won't be disappointed with the Kat Von D liner - I love it!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete