Monday, 2 March 2015

My March Resolutions

Hi everybody :)

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've just been so busy with University and assignments lately that I had to delay posting another blog.

So, March is here. The 3rd month. Meaning we're a quarter of the way in to the year 2015. Wow.

I know most people make their resolutions on New Year's day so that they can start the year afresh. I did too, and some of those resolutions included travelling more, cutting my hair short and most importantly, starting this blog. I'm trying to keep to those and sincerely hope that on the 1st January 2016 I would feel accomplished in those areas.

However, a couple of days ago, whilst doing some work and feeling super stressed, I thought that I was going to have to make a few more resolutions for the month of March. These resolutions, more than actual goals, are more like ways to relax myself and not let stress take over.  So here they are:

1. Give more importance to the people in your life that mean a lot to you: Instead of just texting my best friends, or locking myself in my room at home, I really find that spending time with the people that you love can help you feel better.

2. Spend more time doing what you love: As much as I enjoy studying, and I'm looking forward to graduating as a lawyer, there are just so many other things that I love doing. Instead of spending the majority of my time focusing on my studies, I think it would be helpful to divide the time between studying and doing the things I love (such as writing more blog posts)

3. Find the silver lining: When things get a bit tough, it's often hard to find the good in it and often, I feel like I'm on the verge of giving up. Lately, however, I've felt that if I try to find the silver lining to my grey cloud, i.e. if I manage to focus on the good part of whatever I'm doing, then that might be the push I need to hang in there and not give up.

I've actually found that these tips have helped me in the past, so this month I'm really going to try focus on them. If any one else is feeling stressed out, or may sometimes feel stressed with work/school or anything else, try apply these and see how they work out for you.

Kisses,

Lexie Rose May X 

12 comments :

  1. i think you're right especially on the part of giving more important to the people in youre life.
    x,Abril

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think that's so important to remember.

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. These are great tips .. I really need to remember the 3rd one! Going to try and stick with it a bit more this month and for the rest of the year!

    Ree x / Coffee with Ree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Sometimes it's important to just focus on the positive instead of the negative; I find it helps me so much.

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
    2. How are your resolutions holding up so far? Also, I have tagged you in a campaign post, "Take Back What's Yours" and I would appreciate it if you had a chance to take a look. Thanks!

      Ree // Coffee with Ree

      Delete
    3. So far so good :) However, I've been very busy so I would really love to focus more time onto my blog! Thank you - I'll definitely check it out :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. Those are great resolutions.. Good luck :)
    -DT
    http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending more time doing what you love is a great resolution :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) Thank you :)

      Lexie Rose May

      Delete
  5. Love these tips! Especially the 2nd one. Love it :) have a great week!

    XO naomi @ Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete