Sunday, 1 February 2015

My Lazy Sunday Routine


After a busy month of studying and exams, I just really needed a day to myself. A day to unwind and relax. I love these kinds of days – especially in Winter, when its cold and it just feels amazing to be inside, feeling warm beside the header with a large cup of tea wearing a massive cosy jumper! 
So, apart from trying to catch up on YouTube videos and series that I’ve missed in the last past few days, whilst also trying to read some blogs, there are a few things that I find REALLY relax me:

1. Bubble bathsThere is nothing better than a warm bath in winter – seriously. It’s a great way to help your muscles relax and if it helps, put some classical music (or any soft music for that matter) on in the background & just let go. 

2. CandlesThis is literally the first thing I do when I sit down at my desk. I love having a lit candle beside me – it makes me feel so much more relaxed! I personally adore Yankee Candles, most specifically the scents Midsummers Night, and Midnight Jasmine. If you have a little more to spend on a candle, the Jo Malone candles and the Diptyque candles are simply amazing

3. Planning out my weekWith a super chilled song playlist playing in the background, I like to sit down with my diary and plan my week out. Feeling organised helps me feel calmer and by planning ahead, I know that I won’t be forgetting anything important to do that week

What do you like to do to relax on a Sunday? 

I hope you all had a great weekend!


Lexie Rose May X

14 comments :

  1. Nothing like getting organised to feel relaxed! I am a serial list-writer and it makes me feel so much better :) I'm also a huge candle lover haha x

    http://www.emmabydesign.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm exactly the same - lists make me feel so much more organised! :) I love your blog by the way :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. totally agree about candles, I always have one burning when I'm revising because it makes me less stressy ha. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - I always look for the most relaxing scents during exam time :) I just checked out your blog and I love it.. I'm also obsessed with fashion so I'm going to be referring to your blog often for ideas on outfits hehe :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. Hiyaa :) I nominated you for the Liebster Award because it’s so nice and i love it :) More info about it here: http://pretty-andchic.blogspot.fr/2015/02/liebster-award_2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. I love sleeping on a weekend when I get the chance! and candles are always a must have. Loving the post Lexie
    Love, Jessica
    Jembubble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sleeping in too :)

      Thank you Jessica :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  5. Hey! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! This is a wonderful q&a tag that promotes new blogs and underrated bloggers! Check out my post for the questions and more information! Well done, keep up the hard work! Lydia Eve x http://mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  6. I'm in the middle of a transition period and waiting to move into our new apartment with my husband so I cannot wait to get some candles and enjoy a nice hot bath! Lazy Sundays are the best :)

    Ree // coffeewithree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I completely agree :) Good luck for the move :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  7. Hi there,
    I love your blog, it is such a pleasure to read and gives me inspiration! I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I hope to see your repsonse, the rules and such are here:
    http://growingtoindependence.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    Thank you!
    Tikiah
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete