Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Review

Ok. Charlotte Tilbury makeup – WOW. Just, wow. From the packaging to the pigments, these products are flawless, and I am officially obsessed.


So far, I’ve only managed to pick up 4 of these wonderful products; The Filmstar Bronze & Glow, the Dolce Vita Luxury eyeshadow palette & 2 lipsticks -  one from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range, 'Night Crimson' and one from the matte range, 'Glastonberry'. 

I'm so happy with all of these products and I've used them so much since I got them! 



The Filmstar Bronze and Glow: 
This is definitely the most amazing product I’ve purchased in a long time. I’ve been wearing it non-stop since and I love it! 

To begin with, the rose gold packaging is SO lovely and there’s also a mirror in there which is really handy. 

The bronzer is beautiful –it’s a beautiful warm shade that makes it great for contouring. The highlighter is a gorgeous champagne shade, and I like to dab this on to the top of my cheekbone area to give that beautiful highlighted effect.




The Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette:
This is quite a versatile palette and I find that I can do a lot of different makeup looks using these colours. This palette includes:
Top Left - A pale champagne shade
Top Right - A deep burgundy shade 
Bottom Left - A glittery copper shade
Bottom Right - A khaki brown shade 

Apart from the glitter shade, which is better applied using your finger, the other shades are extremely smooth and pigmented and just so easy to blend. I find that they last long, and look great on the lid. I really like to use the pale champagne shade as my base, and then play around with the burgundy and khaki brown in my crease. If it's an evening look I'm going for, I usually dab the glittery copper shade onto my lid, focusing it more on the outer part to give the final look a more special touch. 


Glastonberry Lipstick:
This is a deep berry shade, perfect for Winter time. I love wearing this with minimal eye makeup to make the lips really stand out. 

This is part of her matte revolution range, and for a matte lipstick, this is so easy to apply and actually quite moisturizing on the lip. However, once it’s on, I found that it really stays on for a while. 

The shape of the bullet, which is angled, makes it so easy to apply. With the pointed edges I like to fill in the parts of my lips which I mostly need to shape, and then with the flat part, I fill in the rest of my lips. 

A huge thumbs up for this shade – one of the best lipsticks I own.



Night Crimson Lipstick:
The formula of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks is great! A very smooth and creamy texture which is moisturising on the lips. The shape of the bullet makes it really easy to apply this, and the colour holds for a long time. 

This lipstick in particular is is a deep red/purple colour and is beautiful for a night out if you’re looking for a bold lip. I've worn this both with little eye make up and with a lot of eye make up, and it suits both looks! 

I would have to admit that I prefer the Matte Revolution lipsticks to the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks, but that's just because I prefer generally prefer a matte finish on my lips.


Overall, I am OBSESSED with Charlotte Tilbury makeup! I'm dying to try out more of her products as I'm sure I'll be just as pleased as I am with these. 

What Charlotte Tilbury products do you recommend? 

Lexie Rose May X 

16 comments :

  1. This brand has amazing products (: some swatches would be nice

    Nati xx

    artdicted2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! :) I'll try include some swatches next time! :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. Ahh the first three products are on my "To Buy" note on my phone! Dying to try them out, heart eyes forever x

    jobrlw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely, and I've used them so much! Let me know what you think of them once you try them out :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. Those lipsticks are my dream shades! The packaging too! Seriously wanting now! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous shades and they really look good with any makeup look! And the packaging is so beautiful!

      Love your blog by the way :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for following me! Great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lipsticks look incredible, especially Glastonberry!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glastonberry is beautiful - I use it so often! and the shape of the bullet is perfect! :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  6. the filmstar bronze and glow is next on my list of things to buy! lovely post x

    www.oliviaandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend it enough - I literally use it every single day! Let me know what you think of it when you try it :)

      Thank you so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  7. Everything looks stunning! I am yet to try anything because of the price, but I want glastonberry so badly x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really beautiful shade and I wear it so often! They are quite pricey, but definitely worth it in the end :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  8. Amazing blog post... :D I think what you're doing is awesome.! Just keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :D :)

    xoxo Jealsea

    www.omgyousassqueen.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this lovely comment :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete