Friday, 20 February 2015

5 things to do in Paris

So, last summer my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Paris and oh wow, it was the most amazing holiday! I’m normally used to travelling with family so this was really one of the first times I had to plan a trip myself, and decide what we were going to do.

Paris was lovely and I can easily say that it’s one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. Every street looked like something out of a movie. I loved every second of this trip, but I would have to say there were certain parts of the trip that just left me breathless.  

Here’s a list of 5 things you should DEFINITELY do if you’re visiting Paris:

1. The Eiffel Tower - This is an obvious one but just seeing the Eiffel Tower in front of me left me speechless. It’s so beautiful, and it’s also great if you manage to go up to the top and see all Paris below you. At night, the Eiffel tower lights up and it’s absolutely gorgeous to see and really romantic too.

2. Champs d’Elysee – Despite the gorgeous shops on this street, I loved strolling down champs d’elysee and taking in Parisian life. We stopped at La Laduree for a coffee and a few macaroons and it was the prettiest little café – I definitely recommend stopping there.

3. Disneyland Paris – I’m 20 years old but still have the mentality of a 5 year old because visiting Disney again was a DREAM! I must have been more excited than half the children there. If you’re a Disney fan like myself, and just enjoy fun rides, it’s definitely worth going to Disney for a couple of days if you’re in Paris

4. Pont des Arts – This is a bridge over the Siene River filled with padlocks and it’s so lovely. My boyfriend and I bought a padlock, engraved our initials and locked it on the bridge and we then threw the keys into the river. It was a really great, romantic moment! 


5. La Gallarie Lafayette – I’ve been to so many department stores in many different places, but nothing compares to this one. Even though it’s not as big as some other department stores, it is breathtakingly beautiful. The shopping is amazing too with many high end brands being sold here. The area in which it is situated, which is near the Opera house is lovely too. Definitely worth visiting.

I would love to go back to Paris because there’s so much to see and I just adored every second of this holiday. These were my top 5 visits, however going to see the Louvre, the Notre Dame, going wine tasting and even walking along Saint Germain were amazing too and I definitely recommend trying to fit these in if you’ve got some extra time in Paris!

What are your favourite things about Paris?


Lexie Rose May X

8 comments :

  1. Im hoping to go to Paris for the first time this year... will definitely have to take note of these!! xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful city! I loved it so much :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend and I went to Paris last year and did all of these except the shopping mall! Disneyland was the coolest thing ever!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Disneyland so much :) It was great fun!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  3. I really really want to go to Paris! It looks beautiful!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous place. And there's so much to do!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  4. Paris is on my wishlist ! Hope I'll make it this year. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited. I'm sure you'll love it :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete