Friday, 23 January 2015

5 Places on my Travel To-Do List


I picked up this travel journal at a little vintage shop in Edinburgh a few months back – and I just simple adore it. It’s got a lined page on the left hand side to write about your trip, and a blank page with a little envelope on the right hand side, to hold little souveniers of the trip, such as tickets or Polaroid pictures – giving you a reason to hold on to any thing you pick up whilst on holiday!

So far, I’ve filled in some of my travels of end-2014, however since it’s still pretty empty, I’ve decided that part of my New Year’s Resolution is going to be to fill up more pages, and in the mean time, knock off some of the places that I’ve been dying to visit. Since I’m on a student budget, I definitely won’t manage to visit some of these places any time soon. But hey, a girl can dream right?

So, here are the 5 places I would LOVE to visit:

New York City: The big apple. The city of dreams. My, oh my. Just the thought of strolling down Fifth Avenue, after a long and successful day shopping, or standing at the top of the Empire State Building with all New York City just below me, gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Amsterdam: This city looks so calm; so serene! I would love to cycle around, see all those beautiful canals, explore all the markets and just take the city in.

Australia: Although this would be a 24-hour trip across the world for me, I’m pretty sure that a visit to Sydney, or a dive in the Great Barrier Reef would make up for the long haul trip!

Thailand: This holiday would be slightly different to the normal city trip, but oh wow, the amazing views and the endless activities are just so inviting. Interacting with tigers, riding elephants, river rafting, zip lining and Thai cooking classes are just a few of the things on my itinerary if I ever had the chance to go!

Greece: After reading a few articles about Greece in the summer, I have been dying to go there and just lay down and soak up the sun! Each of the islands looks so uniquely pretty - Santorini and Mykonos are the first 2 on my list!  

Where else do you recommend visiting?

Lexie Rose May X

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7741200228126484766&pli=1#overview

19 comments :

  1. Hey,

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, I hope you enjoy answering the questions :).

    http://madmeinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award-thank-you-so-much-x.html

    Ana xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love travelling and write so many bucket lists filled with places I want to see but never thought to keep a scrapbook for it. Such a nice idea and I love your book for it too. I've also nominated you for the 'very inspiring blogger award' would love if you could check it out.

    Eunice Caroline.
    http://theberryway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/nominated-for-very-inspiring-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks like the most perfect thing ever, I need to get one myself. Love the places you picked to go to, I think I'd use the book for little day trips as well, I think that'd be really cute!
    Love your blog and just became your 100 follower on bloglovin!!!
    Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for these lovely comments :) and thank you so much Eunice for the nomination :) .. I just followed both of your blogs! I love that idea too Jessie - I might just add a few day trips in there :)

    Lexie Rose May X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, I have just nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! as a way of showing what bloggers you have recently discovered. Check my blog if you're interested in taking part:-)
    ohrebeccaa.wordpress.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a book like this for ages! It's so lovely and the fact it has an envelope in the inside to hold photos and stuff is amazing! Love this blog! x

    http://beetrootsbloomingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Check out the post below to see what you have to do :)
    http://andallthatfairydust.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the nominations Sally and Becca :) It really is great, Louise. If you're interested, you could even make your own - it would give it a personalised touch and you can decorate it however you would like to :)

    Lexie Rose May X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also saw this in Edinburgh in the cutest little shop along the Royal Mile, I wish I'd bought it! It's so gorgeous, love it! If you ever get the chance, Budapest for a long weekend is a great place to go to (make sure to check out the Ruin Bars too)

    eliseroseblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    elise rose

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've heard that Budapest is really beautiful - I'll definitely check it out :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  10. I've been to Greece and it's such a beautiful country! Amsterdam is a lovely city - I went there several years ago and I would definitely return again in the future! Like you, I also want to go to New York, Australia and Thailand.


    www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great to hear :D thank you :)

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  11. I really want to buy a travel journal and record all of my past travels as well as places where I'd want to go. Thats an absolutely gorgeous journal by the way.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, all information is on my blog www.violetlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) It's a great way to keep memories of all your travels :)

      Thank you for the nomination also!! :D

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  12. Since I'm super old (and love to travel) I've been to all of these places except for those particular cities in Greece! I would love to visit Mykonos, I personally recommend visiting Peru, New Zealand and Fiji! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that New Zealand is amazing!! I'll add them all to my bucket list :D Thank you Tara!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete
  13. I hope you get to see all these places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would LOVE to travel the world but these will definitely be my first picks!

      Lexie Rose May X

      Delete